45 hours of CE credit, Course Fee $750.
Instructors: Cynthia Kerson
THIS COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JANUARY 2018
Jerry R. DeVore
An undergraduate course in general biology. It is easier if you have had an introductory neurofeedback course as well.
Concept and Format:
This course will satisfy the BCIA requirement for Neuroanatomy. It is formatted to discuss aspects of NA&P. It will follow the areas of the brain, starting with surface, midline and deeper structures. It will also cover cranial nerves, Brodmann areas and network and fasciculi. This course is designed to inform the practitioner of neuromodulatory approaches of brain anatomy and functionality to aid in performing these modalities.
- To provide students with a basic understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the CNS and PNS relevant to their professional duties.
- To describe the dynamic nature of neuronal systems: e.g. sensory, motor, auditory, visual, etc.
- To explain the basis of the symptoms that result from trauma and disease.
- To present and describe some of the most recent advances in the neurosciences and future directions in research.
DISCLAIMER: Completion of this continuing education course is strictly for educational / informational purposes and does not imply competency, proficiency, and/or experience. The course completion certificate is not a clinical certification nor a license to practice.
Bear, M., Connors, BW. & Paradiso, MA. (2016). Neuroscience: Exploring the brain 4th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer
Accessing course materials:
All course materials are available on the course website. When you purchase the course, you will be given instructions for accessing the course web site immediately.
Cynthia Kerson, 2(PhD), QEEGD, BCN, BCB, BCB-HRV
- Cynthia Kerson is currently the founder and director of education for APEd (Applied Psychophysiology Education) and professor at Saybrook University, Dept. of Psychophysiology. She is BCIA certified in biofeedback, neurofeedback, and Heart Rate Variability and holds certification as a diplomate in QEEG and mentors applicants for all certifications.
- Her role with APEd is to develop and teach introductory, intermediate, and advanced courses in the specialized areas of brain training and EEG analysis. She teaches the EEG Biofeedback, QEEG, Advanced Neurofeedback, and Neuropsychophysiology courses in Saybrook University’s Doctoral Program of Psychophysiology as well as chairs dissertations in applied neuromodulation and assessment. Her research interests are in neuromodulation and uses of applied psychophysiology for ADHD, anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Dr. Kerson is an awardee and co-investigator of the NIMH grant for the 5-year ICAN study, which is looking at neurofeedback for ADHD and is in its final year of collecting data.
- Cynthia has published many articles and chapters on biofeedback and neurofeedback and is the co-editor of Alpha-Theta Neurofeedback in the 21st Century.
- Cynthia is the vice president of the Board of Directors for the Behavioral Medicine Foundation (BMRTF) and has served on the Board of AAPB, as vice president of FNNR (Foundation for Neurofeedback and Neuromodulation Research), as president of the AAPB Neurofeedback Section and is two times past president of the Biofeedback Society of California.
Section 1: INTRO AND HISTORY OF PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGY
Section 2: DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
Section 3: UNDERSTANDING THE BRAIN AT THE MICRO LEVEL: NEURONS, NEUROTRANSMITTERS, HORMONES, AND THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
Section 4: SENSORY STSYEMS: VISUAL, AUDITORY, VESTIBULAR, TACTILE, GUSTATORY, AND OLFACTORY AWARENESS
Section 5: MOTOR SYSTEMS: VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY MOTIONS
6. Section 6: ANATOMY (Part 1) FUNDAMENTAL BRAIN ANATOMY
7. Section 7: ANATOMY (Part 2) NETWORKS, BRODMANN AREAS AND CONNECTIONS
Section 8: CONSCIOUSNESS, LEARNING AND MEMORY
Section 9: PATHOPHYSIOLOGIES
You can start the course whenever wish to within six months of the purchase date and work at your own pace as long as you complete the course within one year of purchase. Just contact us at email@example.com or (800) 530-6658 to get started.
Duration of course validity:
You must begin the course within six months of the purchase date and complete it within one year of the purchase date. Courses not completed by that time are void and must be repurchased if still available. No refunds are provided for courses not completed within one year of purchase.
The Behavioral Medicine R&T Foundation is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Foundation maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This course is accepted by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance for recertification continuing education.
Payment, Refund, Scholarship, and cancellation policies:
Full payment for each course is required before access to the course is provided. Payment is by credit card though our web site’s secure ordering section or by check in US dollars made out to the Foundation and sent to the address below. Full refund will be made until students are given access to the course materials. After getting access to the course materials there is no refund at all as the Foundation has committed its resources to you and you have access to all of the course materials. A course would only be cancelled due to an extreme emergency on the part of the course instructor or the Foundation. In the highly unlikely event a course is cancelled, you would receive a full refund.
The Foundation gives scholarships consisting of 25% off the cost of the course(s) to (a) students and professionals (e.g. clinicians, coaches, teachers) from emerging nations and (b) full time graduate students in developed nations.
Updates to all courses are placed on the course web site as they are made. Students are informed when updates are available.